11.14.2011

My Life, My Love


It was a beautiful day in a pecan grove in Phoenix, 2 years ago to this date, that I married the most amazing person I know. He is my best friend and the best daddy there could ever be. He also always has a trick or two up his sleeve. This weekend was no different.

I expected our anniversary weekend to be full of PJ wearing, pizza eating, movie watching laziness, but much to my surprise, I ended up with a gourmet meal prepared for me by a personal chef.

At around 4:30 yesterday I was hanging on the couch in my pajamas, sleepy as anything and starving. Rylie usually goes to bed around 7 or so and that's when I expected Harris would start making our anniversary pizza. He kept trying to convince me to get out of my pajamas and make myself presentable for my pizza... "c'mon Mary, at least make an effort for our Anniversary."

So I took a shower, got dressed, and then we gave Rylie a bath. She got really sleepy and ended up going to bed at 6:00. So I ran downstairs and urged Harris to start my pizza. He took his sweet time, telling me that the dough was too cold, the grill needed time to get to temperature, whatever. Any excuse to slow the process. But he eventually couldn't make any more excuses and had to get that pizza on the grill...I guess we were running a bit ahead of schedule.

I sat on the couch patiently waiting for my pizza and eating cheez-its when the doorbell rang. We don't typically answer the door but Harris went straight for it. He walked in the kitchen with 2 strangers and my heart immediately dropped. I thought he had hired some strangers to babysit our little girl so we could go out. I really had no clue what was going on.

They introduced themselves and told me they would be making me dinner. Huh? What? They laid a menu on the counter and Harris poured some wine and we watched them make us one of the best meals I ever ate.




I don't know what I ever did to deserve all of this but I hope I stay on the right path cause I seriously have the best life ever.

Oh, and now we have a whole leftover pizza to eat for dinner tonight! SCORE!

I love you always husband. OK, OK, enough public mushiness. I know how much you hate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment