9.11.2011

Road Trip

Traveling with baby is quite an adventure. This weekend we took a 6 hour drive to San Diego to visit our good friends, the Shulins. I think it is confirmed we need a larger vehicle now that we have a child.


Rylie was the perfect traveling companion... at least in the car. She slept the whole way there and back. The nights we spent in San Diego were restless though. We just couldn't get this child to settle down. On a typical night Rylie drinks a bottle at 1 a.m. and then one at 6 or 7 a.m.. On our first night in San Diego she drank 4 bottles in the same amt. of time. She never cried, just grunted, groaned, squeaked... you get the picture. As long as I was holding her she would sleep soundly. The minute I put her down she was wide awake. Needless to say, I need a vacation from my vacation.

On Saturday, Rylie visited the beach for the first time. I think she liked it. We are still finding sand in her pants though.





We also brought her to a football game where she enjoyed the sun but didn't love the small gusts of wind that would occasionally come through.

I finally got a little sleep on the drive back to Phoenix but am really looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight. In the 2 months since she's been on this earth I don't think I've felt this exhausted. It was fun though and another experience for her to enjoy. I'm glad we went but am also glad to be home. The temperature in Phoenix has dropped a lot since we left on Friday. Im looking forward to a cooler week so maybe Rylie and I can spend some time outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment