10.26.2011

My Early Adventurer

This was Rylie's first week in school and she's doing so great!

Saturday night I had a dream that I was looking out of Rylie's eyes in a room of strangers, wondering who are these people, where are my mom and dad, why did they leave me? When Rylie gets to a new place she has a habit of moving her eyes all around but never moving her head, like she's afraid to. I really thought this was how it was going to be for her and I was terrified to leave her. And even more afraid that when we picked her up at the end of the day she would forget who we were.

Much to my surprise, Harris and I aren't as cool to hang out with as we thought we were. On day one Rylie was greeted by the baby gang who tried to steal her socks. But she told them what was up, and then they all giggled together. Her teacher said she wasn't shy at all, she babbled with those babies all day long.

Silly mommy forgot her SD card for the camera.
iPhone photo it is

We picked her up at the end of the day and got a BIG smile upon arrival.

Sadly, our evening with her didn't go so well. Rylie has always battled the gas demon. She didn't get all her burps out at school and she screamed for 2 hours, like someone was stabbing her in the eye. Then she just wore herself out and fell asleep. Not the way I wanted to spend the very little time I had with her in a day. It's times like those I really look forward to our middle of the night feedings. So peaceful.

Moooving on to day 2

Here is a shot from day 2.
Outfit by H&M (thank you Nicole)

As soon as they put Rylie in the bouncy chair on day 2 the chatter began. I've never heard her talk so much and so loud.

This is what I imagine she said to her baby friends...

"Hey guys, how was your night? Mine was kind of crappy.
I had burps and farts stuck in me and mom and dad just couldn't
get them out of me. But I got a lot of sleep after I finished screaming
so I'm well rested and we can party all day long"

When Harris picked her up at the end of the day she was sitting up in the bumbo! So I immediately went home and ordered her one from diapers.com (all of the stores I went to were sold out). I also went and bought her some new school clothes.

The last bottle she had that day was at 4:30. FOUR THIRTY! She fell asleep without eating and slept until I woke her up at 3:30 when I decided she just couldn't go without eating for that long. School wore her out! Baby did not want to wake up and I just really wanted to spend time with her.

This is also the point in my week where I realized there really AREN'T enough hours in the day. So I slept for a total of 3 hours and spent the rest of the time doing laundry and other productive things.

Today was day 3 and again a success. So far this week they have been reading her books, teaching her how to say her colors in spanish (I know, I know, she doesn't even know english yet) and also they were teaching her how to say drink in sign language.

I'm so proud of my baby girl. Obviously she has developed H's outgoing personality. This in no way came from me. I've always been really shy. 

In a way I feel this small amt. of guilt that I wanted to keep her all to myself and that I kept her away from such a great environment for so long. She is the happiest I've ever seen her and I am the luckiest mommy ever.

I'm having a really rough week at work, so much to do and so little time, but I have a sweet baby to look forward to at the end of the day that just puts the biggest smile on my face every time I think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment