10.18.2011

Wardrobe Woes



Before Rylie was born I was determined to make her a little fashionista. She MUST grow up to dress better than me and love all things girlie. My wardrobe is atrocious, I dress for comfort and not style, but I had a lot of hope for her.

I went shopping, bought her a closet full of cute clothes, and then fell into the bad habit of dressing her in onesies. This is no way to raise a Diva.

I browse lots of mommy blogs and see little girls dressed so adorably and think "what is wrong with me?" Who cares if all she's gonna do is sit in a swing all day, put that polka dot dress on her!

For example, little Tinsley over at Project: Baby seriously has the best wardrobe EVER! SERIOUSLY! Where does she go shopping? I am so tired of shopping at the Carters outlet. Pretty sure I know every outfit in the store. All I buy anymore is cotton pants and long sleeve onesies. I love you Carters, you are cheap, your clothes withstand the day to day life of a baby, but I need a little variety in my life.

Also, take a close look at Rylies wardrobe. Other than 2, maybe 3 sweaters and a halloween costume, everything Rylie owns is for the summer. Yes, we live in Arizona, and yes, it is still 100 degrees in October, but is it ok to dress a baby in summer clothes after Labor Day? Are there baby fashion rules? I don't know. Please advise.

And then there is the size issue. EVERYTHING in Rylies closet is too big on her. There are many super cute outfits that I sadly think she may never get the chance to wear because it is huge on her now and will likely be too small on her by next summer. Gymboree is seriously THE WORST at sizing their clothes. We have newborn outfits that Rylie is just now fitting into at 3, almost 4 months. It's just bananas.

But hey, look at these shoes. OMG to die for. Love them so much (thank you Aunt Nicole)


Rylie starts day care next week which is what got me thinking about all of this. Yes, crazy mom here is trying to figure out what she is going to wear on her first day of school a week in advance. Sob. My baby is growing up fast.

But with all these superficial fashion problems, I am so grateful that I am able to buy her all of these clothes, the diapers and food she needs and toys for her to play with. Each year I take part in the Christmas Angel program at work and each year as I shop for my angel it makes me cry. I can't imagine not being able to provide for my little girl. No matter how much she has or doesn't have in her life she will always be taught how fortunate she is and how thankful she should be. She will learn to share with those less fortunate and know her family and our love are more important than any material things.

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com Top Baby Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment