10.01.2011

Couch Potato

I should probably be ashamed to admit this, but my 3 month old daughter is addicted to cartoons and it's all my fault. It started so innocently, I was trying to prevent her from watching the news and bad daytime TV, but it quickly turned into a daily routine. First thing in the morning, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She watches so intensely, like she really gets what's going on.


It's so cute to watch her giggle at the TV with drool running down her chin. Though it's a bit of a challenge when you are trying to feed her and she is so focused on the TV and her bottle is hanging half way out her mouth.


I have to wonder what it takes to get a cartoon on TV, cause I'm not sure how much money these people make, but their job is cake. I think there might be only 10 real minutes of unique content to each show. The rest of the time it's repetitive songs and silly little phrases that they say over, and over, and over again. And there really aren't that many shows. I've seen the same cartoons played at least 3-4 times a week.

Today I decided I may need to write a letter to the Disney Channel. On this mornings episode of The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Goofy was supposed to be the zookeeper, but he fell asleep on the job. All the animals escaped from the zoo. What did Goofy do? He asked all his friends to bail him out. Am I taking this the wrong way? Am I bad person for not wanting to help Goofy out of his dilemma and instead want him to learn a lesson? I appreciate the fact that he has such good friends that are willing to help him, but c'mon Goofy, be responsible!

Shame on me as a parent for allowing Rylie to become such a couch potato, but it makes her happy, and it's far more educational than the ceiling fan she's been staring at for the last few months.

So excited for it to be October. There are a number of fun fall festivals I'm looking forward to bringing Rylie to. The weather is getting better, time to go outside and play and forget this TV nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment